Lorel “Sonny” Zaide, M.S.O.M, L.Ac.
Owner of Purple Cloud
(Tuesdays through Saturdays: 11am – 7pm)
I started my journey towards Eastern Medicine in 2007 when I chanced upon a place near my office called, “Zen Shiatsu Chicago,” a school for Japanese bodywork. Since I was a fan of bodywork, I decided to give it a try as a patient. I enjoyed the treatment so much that soon after that day, I enrolled in the school’s program.
The theories behind Zen Shiatsu intrigued me so much that I fell in love with Eastern Medicine. Within a year I found myself moving on to study at Midwest College of Oriental Medicine, completing the Masters of Oriental Medicine program (with honors) in February of 2012.
I am nationally board certified in acupuncture by the NCCAOM, and licensed to practice acupuncture in the state of Illinois.
I am also a Hospital Corpsman (Medical Specialist) in the United States Navy Reserve, assigned to an Expeditionary Medical Facility based in Naval Station Great Lakes. In my Hospital Corpsman training, I learned skills equivalent to Emergency Medicine Technicians (EMT-B) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA).
Although Acupuncture and Energy Healing may cover a vast array of medical conditions, my particular specialties lay within the treatment of emotional and spiritual wellness – such as stress, anxiety, depression, and PTSD, as well as the physical pain that comes along with emotional imbalances such as insomnia, headaches, migraines, hormonal imbalances, and digestive issues.
The beauty of Purple Cloud is that all treatments are private and one-on-one. Many of my patients who suffer from emotional/spiritual imbalances find peace in that. My job is to provide you with a place to find solace, where you may feel free to allow yourself to realize your harmony within. I’d be honored to be a part of your journey towards better health and healing.
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine (Midwest College of Oriental Medicine)
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition (Midwest College of Oriental Medicine)
- Nationally Board Certified Acupuncturist by NCCAOM
- Level III Zen Shiatsu (Zen Shiatsu Chicago)
- Certified Reflexologist (School of Holistic Massage and Reflexology)
- Completion of General Duty Hospital Corpsman in the United States Navy (Fort Sam Houston, Medical Education and Training Command, San Antonio)
- Over 1,000 hours of clinical experience in Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Bodywork combined.
- Mind-Body Certified by ACE Fitness
- Certified Reiki Master
- Practitioner Member of National Qigong Association (NQA)
- Certified Practitioner of Clinical Qigong Energy Healing (Institute of Chinese Energy Healing)
Primary Acupuncture/Energy Healing Specialties
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Stress / Anxiety / Depression
- Headaches / Migraines
- Student of Taoism and Zen
- Student of Contemporary Wushu (Chinese Performance Kung Fu)
- Student of Tai Chi (Proficient in Yang 8, 24, and 24 sword)